Marilyn

Why does my dog eat plastic?

My dog is chewing up her doghouse, we recently got her a new one because she chewed the whole side off of the old one and she isnow trying to chew this one up, sometimes she eats it but mostly just chews it up and leaves it laying, i have tried spraying yuck bitter spray and this does not work? Does anyone know why or how i stop her from doing this?

Asked by Marilyn on Apr 13th 2009 in Chewing

Answers

Roxy

My dog has a fasinaction with blankets and clothing. Perhaps making sure your dog has bones to chew on, or her favorite toys will help! If all else fails, watch the Dog Whisperer, He has really good training tips!!

Roxy answered on 4/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

i agree with roxy watch cesar millan the dog trainer.but my 2 weimaraners bleu and bella chewed up there dog houses because there bored,so you dog is probably wanting to exercise more.

♥Angel Sasha ♥

Sounds like she may be bored; long walks & playtime would probably help.

♥Angel Sasha ♥ answered on 4/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Your dog has a need to chew that is not being satisfied. Give her some chew toys, bones, even old socks if you want to. Every time you catch her chewing on something she's not suppose to, tell her "no" and replace it with one of her chew toys. Don't give her a passive "No" she has to know you mean it and the behavior is not acceptable.