Anna Jackson

why does my dog alway want to sleep under the bed when im not in the room

my dog loves to sleep right next to me or rigt at my feet but if i am not in the bedroom durning the day and she wants a neap then she hides far under the bed like she is scared why is that

Asked by Anna Jackson on Oct 18th 2008 Tagged sleeping in Separation Anxiety

Answers

She is still a pup and still want to feel that closeness to some thing or someone. She is going to be scared for a little while till she gets comfortable with her surroundings.

Thats the best i got

Does she have a crate? A lot of dogs like the sense of comfort that sleeping in a comfy cave-like area can provide. If she does not have a crate she may be sleeping under the bed because it makes her feel safer.

If you can find a crate or afford to buy one, see if she likes sleeping in there instead. She can use it as her own personal area; you do not even have to close the door all the time.

The benefit to a crate is that you can bring it with you when you travel so she always feels at home.

If you do not want to get a crate, and if you do not mind her sleeping under the bed, then put some old blankets under there for her.

If she likes it and if you do not mind, then it seems perfectly healthy.

Buddy ☮

Buddy does things like this too. He loves to sleep under low tables, or in closets.

As mentioned before, it is similar to a dog loving it's crate.

We believe that Buddy may find comfort in these small spaces because he was born and lived for the first part of his life under a car.

Buddy ☮ answered on 11/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer