Why does my 2 yr old Fem. Lab pile up all of my shoes and boots and lay with them when I am gone?

It's been really cold and we've been letting her stay inside during the day. We check on her every couple hours.

Asked by Member 1149944 on Jan 14th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Tony Hernandez

Because she loves and misses you! P.S. She wants to stay inside all day even when it's warm. Unless you're outside playing with her, it gets pretty boring. Imagine if you LIVED at Disneyland or Disney World... no matter how fun it is, eventually you get bored if you're there every day. Your dog gets bored of the yard too. So much comfier inside the house. Since you don't say she is chewing or destroying your stuff, I'm pretty sure the scent of you is what makes her love your shoes and boots. Dogs are funny like that.

Tony Hernandez answered on 1/21/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer