Willoughby

Why does my 2.5 year old male Chihuahua still pee in the house?

I have a 2.5 year old male Chihuahua. We have had him since he was 9 weeks old. We take him outside to go potty several times a day. Yet, he still pees in either our closets (if left open by accident) or in my husband's office. Why does he do this? What can I do to prevent this type of behavior?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Asked by Willoughby on Sep 19th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Male belly bands or bad boy pants - place them on him when in the house.
Works great - this is to help you until you can break this problem... I am sure someone will have some behavior tips for you..
Here is more info on the male wrap or male belly bands...
en.allexperts.com

Tyson, now known as Winston

Is he neutered???? That's the first step! And, we do wear belly bands when Mom is not watching us!

Tyson, now known as Winston answered on 9/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kilo

Is he doing this when you are gone or are you home and he is just being sneaky?
The belly band is a great idea if he will keep it on (We have a Houdini in our family.).
Another thing you might try is to put out a puppy training pad in the office or closet. We had a similar problem with peeing on any item of clothing that was left on the floor (when we were away). We now leave a pee pad out with a twist the middle so that it sticks up. That has solved our problem.
I don't know if he could not hold it until we came home or if he had another issue, but it is under control now.

Kilo answered on 9/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer