CHUCHO

Why do my dogs lick my Bald head, hands or arms especially when it's time to go to bed.

Asked by CHUCHO on Dec 8th 2009 Tagged lickinghabits in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Freckles

Accumulation of sweat during the day on your arms, hands or even your head can lead your dogs to lick. That's what my dog used to do to my x bf. He also had a bald head.

Freckles answered on 12/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

you must be a pretty "salty" guy. Or, maybe he's just "tasting"' you and one night you'll awake to a pack of ravenous Chihuahuas leering at you, salivating.

If it the same time of day, bedtime sounds like it then the dog's are using it as a calmly trigger.
A behavior or habit that the dog learns or aquires during times of relaxation.

My dog has aquired licking me mid day and in the afternoons sometimes, she will lick the hand or the arm as a Feed me response.
She has done this for as long as I can remember.

So, yes, the behavior can mean many things but I would say my first guess is right on key.
I think it is cool by the way:)
They love you also:)