Brutus

Why are Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers considered good apartment dogs?

I have two Wheaten Terriers that would hate living in an apartment. They are active and love to be outside all the time. They need tons of space and just love to play and run. I have now been hearing that these breeds would make good apartment dogs? Does anyone know why? They don't seem to be, because of their endless amount of energy.

Asked by Brutus on Jun 7th 2010 Tagged apartments, wheatens in Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Answers

Millie ~In Loving Memory~

I am just guessing but maybe it is because they dont shed as much as other dogs may. Some people in apartments may have time to walk them. I do not know much about wheaten terriers, but another reason might be they have a higher trainability level than other dogs. I hope this helps.

Millie ~In Loving Memory~ answered on 6/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cody

My Wheaten also loves being outside, but when he is inside he's totally calm and is fine just hanging around doing nothing. That may be one of the reasons people say they're good for apartment life (as long as they get outside exercise).

Cody answered on 10/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer