lola

why are labs so popular

no offece to labs but i saw 13 labs out of 20 dogs i saw today

Asked by lola on Apr 14th 2010 in Labrador Retriever

Answers

They are one of America's most popular breeds and a great many Dogster members are US citizens. Part of the reason for their popularity seems to be their reputation as a good family dog. (Unfortunately, it's this popularity that is producing more and more Labs with less than ideal temperaments because so many are breeding them without any clue as to how to go about breeding in a responsible way.)

Jet

They are intelligent, sweet, they can swim, they are easy to train/groom, and they are athletic.

Jet answered on 4/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kayak

They are known as an all around family dog. The old nice tall field types are the kind I had growing up. When I was 10 they were my favorite breed. Now there are other breeds I find sooooo much better, calmer and level headed. Although coming from a responsible breeder of generations of nice ones, you can get those qualities in some select labs too.

Kayak answered on 4/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

Yep they are all around dogs. Family loving and fun to train. They are great dogs and can be trained for many areas especially in sport competitions and for guide dogs.

From the looks of your dog family......I'm not surprised you ask!
Chuckle....
Most people like a dog smart enough to learn - but not smarter than they are. Not to energetic, cause they would rather watch TV than walk the dog.

You must be both active and secure in your intelegence!

Hehehehe