WHILE WALKING MY DOG,ON LEASH,HE GOT HIT BY CAR. HE DIED NEXT DAY. I GOT POLICE REPORT. CAN DRIVER BE HELD RESPONSIBLE?

ON ELECTION NIGHT I TOOK MY CHARLIE OUT FOR HIS NORMAL 10PM WALK BEFOR BED. WHEN WE STARTED WALKING INTO INTERSECTION THE DRIVER MADE A TIGHT LEFT TURN ONTO STREET. I PULLED MY CHARLIE BACK TOWARDS THE CURB WHEN THE CAR RAN OVER HIS BACKSIDE. THE DRIVER DID STOP AND LOOK TO SEE WHAT HE DID. WHEN HE SAW THAT MY DOG WAS WHAT HE HIT AND IT WASN'T ME HE STARTED WALKING BACK TO HIS CAR WHILE I LAID ON THE FLOOR SCREAMING AND TRYING TO COMFORT MY BABY. THE NEIGHBORS ON THE BLOCK,WHO KNOW ME AND LOVE MY BABY DOG CHARLIE,CAME OUT AND SURROUNDED HIS CAR UNTIL THE POLICE CAME. FROM THE SHOCK,CHARLIE HAD BITTEN MY HAND AND FACE. WHEN POLICE AND AMBULANCE CAME I WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL AND MY WIFE CAME OUT AND TOOK CHARLIE TO V.E.R.G. HOSPITAL. UNFORTUNATELY, THE VET SAID CHARLIE HAD SUSTAINED TOO MANY INTERNAL INJURIES TO SPINE AND NERVES AND WAS IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN. WE SENT HIM TO DOGGY HEAVEN THAT NIGHT. THINGS AROUND HOME ARE NOT THE SAME...

Asked by Member 1142406 on Nov 26th 2012 Tagged caraccident, laws in Animal Welfare

Answers

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

wow that really sucks. sorry for your loss. good luck with the court stuff

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 11/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Wilbur

Driver is definitely responsible un-fortunately it will not bring your dog back. You can sue but all you will get are the vet bills and replacement value of your dog. They are considered property so if you didn't pay anything for the dog, you won't get anything, if you paid $50.00 that is all you will get. You have to show what you paid.

Wilbur answered on 4/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer