Which is best vacuum for pet hair clean up?

ok, here's a companion thread for the "best stick/handheld vacuum".

As I've mentioned, we are moving at the end of the year. We already have a house that the cats have never been to (yet). We do not have a vacuum cleaner there (heck, I barely have one here!) and figure we should probably get one sometime this year. But what to get? I"m a very lazy vacuumer and we have 5 cats (3 longhairs) and I have long hair myself. I've burned out the motor in our hoover because all of our hair gets wrapped up in the too quickly. and of course there's plenty of litter getting tracked.

What is a good vacuum? Can't afford the expensive Dysons or Orecks. I would love to get a pet quality roomba (I could run it every night and then the upstairs carpet would stay clean ) but, I don't know if it really does as good as they claim. Bissell was sponsoring the Puppy Bowl and 'looked' like it did an amazing job on that carpet - but you never know about editing

Suggestions?

Asked by Member 1172327 on Jun 9th 2013 Tagged bestvacuumforpethair, bestvacuumforpethair in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Lily Anne Grace

I just bought bought a Bissel the Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum 4122 and it works amazingly and it was only 50 bucks!

Lily Anne Grace answered on 8/18/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I had a shark years ago, but it was very heavy. They should be lighter now. Dysons are ridiculously expensive, and I have 4 animals to support. I own a Eureka and they are not that expensive and have always worked well for me. I also have a bissell sweeper tool that is not a vacuum but works great for daily touch ups and rugs too, mine was 19.99 on the Bissell website, and they also donate $$ to local pet charities for certain pet-related products on their site, which I like. ^_^