which are better?

which are better?? pugs or puggles? just in general. thx

Asked by Member 759614 on Oct 27th 2008 Tagged pugs, puggles, better, breed in Pug

Answers

Uhhh, are you serious? Pugs are better because they're purebred and not a designer breed. But they have a smushed face and snort a lot and have a lot of respiratory problems. So, I guess then Puggles are better, but they're mutts and their future is unknown. They can have all the same problems pugs have, but they can also have all kinds of beagle problems. So then I guess pugs are better. Or puggles.

All purebreds have the potential for medical issues that are common to the breed, though not all may end up with them. A puggle is simply a designer breed created in a puppy mill somewhere in order to get extra cash. You can get any mix of the beagle/pug traits, and if you've never owned a beagle before, I suggest you read up on it. I grew up with two beagles, and their nose and prey instinct is far more important than any command you can give, they need exercise, and they just may "bay" a lot when they have something to be excited about. Stick with a pug, or check out your local pug rescue, I've seen pug mixes on there before. But stay away from supporting the backyard breeders and puppy mills. A puggle is nothing more than a mutt, and you can get one of those a whole lot cheaper at the shelter!

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 10/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 5 Report this answer

Which breed (or breed mix) is best for you depends on your preferences and lifestyle. Study the breed and the breed mix. You know your lifestyle better than we do.
Best of luck.

Cinders

My experience at the vet clinic is that pugs have a lot of respiratory problems and snort a lot especially once they age. I have yet to meet a mean pug or a puggle. I favor puggles in the simple fact that they have the easy temperment and up-going energy like a beagle, but somewhat of a scrunched nose like a pug. So i personally favor puggles, even if he/she is not purebred, but that's just me.

Cinders answered on 10/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Are you wanting to purchase a puppy? Or adopt? if you are going to buy a puppy from a 'breeder' do not support 'breeders' who breed mixed breeds. A true breeder ONLY BREEDS DOGS TO BETTER THE PUREBRED BREED and obviously the Puggle is not a purebred. However, if you are to adopt a dog, it doesn't matter. I do breed purebred dogs, and yet I also rescue mix breeds. I would never consider purchasing a dog from someone who claims to be a 'breeder' yet breeds mixed breeds. That isn't a breeder. I have a friend who breeds Pugs, and she loves them. They make great pets, especially for people who live in smaller places, and are wonderful companions. I would suggest that you go to www.akc.org and read up on the Pug characteristics. This will let you know if they fit into your lifestyle. Remember that all dogs, regardless of breed, need daily exercise, so please don't forget to schedule that in for your new companion. Best of luck..

Charlie Murphy

Pugs! Hands down! Puggles are a designer breed that are quite recent to the scene and nobody knows what issues they will have. It is true that pugs have their own set of issues, but our two haven't had anything too bad. Yes, they snort and snore but that is part of their charm (and part of having a face that is smashed in). Some designer breeds get the worst or the best of both breeds, but again, at this point nobody really knows. Pugs are honestly the best dogs I've ever owned and are small clowns. They are great with children, the elderly and anybody who wants a playful, happy-go-lucky companion. Also, pugs are companions and beagles are working dogs so I'm not so sure that'd be a great mix in the first place.

Charlie Murphy answered on 11/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer