where to buy tail docking bands for toy poodle puppies

Asked by Member 864029 on Aug 3rd 2009 in Other Puppies

Answers

Tail docking needs to be performed by a vet. Please do not do it yourself. There are serious risks involved.

I second Kolbe... this is not something you do with a band!!! That is a great way to get massive infections in all the pups. Docking a tail involves cutting the spinal cord, and if this is not done right there can be MAJOR health problems! Please, take these babies to your vet OR leave the tails long.

Lexie

NEVER NEVER use tail docking bands! HOW would you like for somebody to put a ruber band on your finger till it fell off you would not like it would you? Take them to the vet to get it done.

Lexie answered on 8/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fritz

Sorry, but it seems to me that docking tails is mutilation. Have you considered leaving your poodles tails as they were meant to be?

Fritz answered on 8/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Wags

Thank you all for telling this person to go get it done by a vet, if at all!!! Being in rescue, we tend to see the worst of the "personal tail docketing and/or ear cropping." Leave it the way God intended it to be, they will be much happier pups

Wags answered on 8/4/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Unless you'd like to risk infection, have a vet dock their tails.

Please tell me you are kidding!...If you are going to dock at all it needs to be done by a vet by the time the pups are 72 hours old!
Also, please fix your dog...There are 1000's of poodles in shelters & rescue...Some die for lack of homes...There are enough poorly bred dogs in the world...Please don't add to the problem for a few bucks!

Pumpkin The Dog

Please forgive me for preaching, but I hope you will get your dog spayed. There are so many wonderful dogs needing homes, why bring more into the world? I volunteer for a rescue and it breaks my heart to see all the dogs who are pining for homes. Why are people breeding - I just don't get it. And if you think rescues are not as beautiful as bred dogs, well, just look at Pumpkin!

Pumpkin The Dog answered on 8/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer