Gizmo

Where can I find a nice dog carrier bag?

I am looking for an affordable pet carrier bag, Gizmo has a bag from Target but he cries and tries to get out everytime i place him in it (which is when we ride the subway in NYC). I guess the bag is uncomfortable and is embarassing because everyone looks at me like "ugh why is her dog so loud"...

Here's the link: www.target.com

Can anyone recommend any webstites? PETCO's bags are way too expensive for me at the moment. =/

Thanks guys.

Asked by Gizmo on Sep 10th 2009 Tagged petbag in Carriers, Crates & Kennels

Answers

I happened to see a few in Bed Bath & Beyond the other day actually, you could try there. Did a quick search I think this is what I saw -- www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Jet

Maybe www.petsmart.com

If you see Jet's page, you'll see a pic of him in his carrier. He got that from Christmas, and if you really want the link, I could try to get it fur you.

Jet answered on 9/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I'd work on desensitizing him to the bag he has before I shelled out money for another if money is an issue...Work at home with putting the bag in his area & give treats...Then put him in the bag with it opened & give treats & praise & so on & so forth.
You don't know if he will act any different with a new one.

Your bag is fine.
Most dogs don't like being confined.
To train your dog to feel positive about the bag use food to train them. Open the bag and toss food in to let him go in on his own. You can do this over and over.
Then in time when you place him in it yourself, toss in a couple pieces each time.
I think some stores carry like packs that are like baby ones, they go over your chest and the dog is strapped in, I don't remember where I saw them.
Gizmo is adorable.

Check out www.gizmoetc.net

I have found a great website that I used when I got my dog carrier and the bag came with it. I am sure they will have a bag for your dog carrier at a fairly good price. See what you can find here adogshop.com