Ava Grace

What's the earliest a Female Chihuahua Be Breed?

my dog has been around my other Chihuahua alot lately and her stomach looks and feel alot more round than it did a month or to ago.

Asked by Ava Grace on Jan 9th 2012 Tagged breed, age in Puppies

Answers

Go to your vet. Have them check if she is pregnant and then get her spayed. Please leave dog breeding to the professionals. There are too many pups in the pound already.

They are CAPABLE of breeding as young as six months.
However, it's not good for them to get pregnant that young. It's like a 12 year human old getting pregnant.
The youngest it's they SHOULD be bred is two years, both because this is when they are finished maturing and because there are some important health tests that cannot be certified until this age.

Have her checked out by a vet to see if she's pregnant or not. I don't recommend just "waiting it out". Chihuahuas often need a C-section because of their small size, so I'd also consider a spay-abort.

Boss Hog

You shouldn't be breeding dogs if you don't know the basics of DOG BREEDING.

Chihuahua's or any female dog shouldn't be breed to young or they will reject or eat their puppies, they do this because they are inexperienced or don't want to care for puppies,or may have underlying health issues.

Chihuahua or any dog pregnancy is risky but with smaller dogs, its especially risky, most small dogs require a C-Section so I hope you have $2,000+ ready when it's needed, if it's needed.

Has your dog been tested for STD's before you bred her, if not, STD's can cause late term abortions in dogs and the death of the mother and puppies. The only people that should be breeding dogs is experienced or professional breeders.

The world has enough Chi's in shelters awaiting euthanisia, don't add more to that population. Be responsible and spay and neuter. Schedule her for an emergency spay if you don't know what you're doing .

Boss Hog answered on 1/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Starbutt

Let me ask you this
Why do you want to breed your dog? if the reason Is to have pups DON'T BREED
IS IT FOR MONEY DON'T BREED
This is not a good answer, to breed is to come closer to the breed standard and to simple breed for ..... well this is not good, I agree if you do not know the basics
How old a dog can be to breed, how long is the dog in season, how long before you will have pups, what shot are needed, what if you dog reject the pups then what do you do how do you feed them, what if she has not enough milk then what do you do. There are much to know before you breed and the stud you use and are they with papers or not and what is the line how many champions are in the line this is what people look for that breed and want to breed or get a pup. And IF you are just going to breed with a mut DEFFINATELY DON'T BREED.
Not being harsh here you don't say much but I wouldn't breed you dog inless you can assure your pups will have a home for life or will you take then back.

Starbutt answered on 1/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer