Comet (RIP)

What's a good dog food that's affordable?

This question is for both my dogs but Comet is more picky with his food. Ok so we're using Beneful and I know that it's not a good dog food brand but it's cheap so that's why we get it. I want to change our dog food but my parents don't cus better dog foods are expensive and my parents are beyond cheap and they don't really care about my dogs so I'm just lost. I don't know what to do. Comet doesnt really seem to like the food anymore I'm not sure if its just him or if it's a medical problem but we took him to the vet cus he was getting skinny but they didn't find anything. I have a theory that he's skinny cus he hasn't been neutered but I'm no expert so I don't know. So basically I need a good dog food brand that's under $30. Anyone know of a dog food like that, in California?

Asked by Comet (RIP) on Jul 17th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Royal Canin is good or normal pedigree Bakers is ok
Good luck

Petri

You might check out Iams and Purina Pro Plan. You may have to mix a couple of them together if he doesn't like the taste of one.

Petri answered on 7/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Nutro max is an all natural food with no by-products or fillers in it like some of the others mentioned on here. And would just be in the price range that you are looking for.

Starbutt

Have you wormed your dog this can cuase the lack of weight or if your dog is figity it could be fleas or he could be a norvous kind. my sister had a GSD and he was very thin she could not get weight on him she had him to the vet and had him on all sorts of dog foods but he couldn't put weight on.
He was very nervous and figity she also heard he was abuse somewhere along his life he was with 3 different families before her when she brought him home he was muzzled but we bushed him and made slow movmants and e came around.

I think if you use puppy food it may help it has extra calories in it and I think it tastre better and puppy food is good I use pedigree puppy for my dogs in the winter.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 7/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hello there!
I would suggest Blue Buffalo or Merrick. I was eating Blue Buffalo before Sister and Mommy noticed that the price had been raised. Now I am being fed the grain-free variety of Merrick with Buffalo. I love it! It makes my parents happy because it's really quite inexpensive. My sister loves the good ingredients and ratings.

I would not recommend any Purina or Iams brand. They are alright, but Sister figured that for about a few more dollars you could get better ingredients.

I would say Avoderm, Blue Buffalo, Merrick, and Taste of the Wild are good. Eukanuba is alright as well. The worst? Science Diet, Ol'Roy, Bil Jac, and occasionally Purina.

I hope this was helpful!

Regards,
Bruno the Bichon ( also from California)

Merrick is a great food to feed, learn more about Merrick at www.merrickpetcare.com

Merrick has a selection of grain free dog foods. This is a plus for any dog because dog's don't need grains in their diets.

Merrick is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.