What to do about this bump on my dog paw.

My pitbull has a large red bump on her paw. It has been the same size for weeks . It doesn't seem to bother her.Its as if she doesn't feel it. Even when I squeeze it,it doesn't seem to hurt. What is it?What should I do?

Asked by Member 1139321 on Nov 5th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

I would have a vet look at it. It could be a cyst or something more serious. Good Luck!

Since your dog is not in pain and distress, I assume it is just a lump, which is quiet common in dogs and is harmless. If it doesn't go in sometime, I would suggest that you take him to a vet.

Kazba

I haa dog tha had a bump on his back foot, the vet looked at it and said we would not do anything until it got bigger. After about 3 years it did start to get bigger and we had to have it removed. It turned out to be nothing and he was fine in a couple of days after having it removed.

Kazba answered on 11/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer