what should i do if i think my 25lb dog ate 1/3 of a 2mg xanax?

Asked by Member 967706 on Feb 23rd 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Call the vet ASAP! Or you can call poison control and they can give you a number for animal poison control.

Hector

I know that xanax is prescribed for dogs, but the dosage makes all the difference. Other meds, and the dogs liver/kidney health is also taken into consideration.

The dosage is 0.02 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. So the 2mg, would worry the heck out of me.

You should go ahead and call an emergency vet. They can tell you what signs to look for. If they feel that a third of 2mg, is too much for your dog, they will definately have you bring him/her in.

This isn't the time to leave it to chance. Just call them. They will tell you what you need to do.

Goodluck to you both.

Hector answered on 2/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer