what should dogs have to help with anal glands?

Asked by Member 1002198 on Aug 28th 2010 Tagged food, operation in Alternative Treatments

Answers

Baxter

I had an issue with my little dog for awhile. It was his diet that was causing it.
A no corn, no grain diet will help it.
There are of course, anal diseases in dogs so have your vet examine him first to make sure that is not the problem.

Baxter answered on 8/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jazzy

put the dog on an all natural diet. All natural diets lack corn, soy, and wheat which is good.

Jazzy answered on 8/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Scooter

I used to release anal glands for a living. (gross I know) anyways alot of small dogs have trouble with it. They usually release during bowel movements. I had a 50 pound dog and I never did his but I do have to do my 13 pound dog because he cant release. Anyways alot of grooming salons and vets do them. You really need to see it done to do it right. If its done wrong it can hurt them.

Scooter answered on 8/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer