Babeh

What should a 2 month old labrador puppy eat?

My puppy refuses to eat pedigree even beef pro. Whenever I give him milk, he's having a diarhea.

Asked by Babeh on Mar 24th 2008 Tagged food, puppy, labrador in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

To be honest, pedigree, (although they do wonderful things to raise money for shelters, ect.) is not the best food out there.
I would first get him on a high quality food like, Innova, Wellness, Canidae, ect....
Second, if you are feeding him regular cow's milk from the jug, that is not good either. It doesn't have enough nutrients and isn't good for his little tummy.
When you do decide on a high quality food, I would try putting a little warm water over it.
Also, when you do change his food, do it gradually, making a sudden change in their diet can almost guarantee diarhea!

answered on Mar 25th.

Answers

leon

your puppy isn't eating his dog food because he knows if he doesn't he will get some milk. never give puppies milk it isn't very good for them. but you should try getting purina puppy chow and if he is an indoor dog you could get indoor formula in small bites. that will help your puppy get over diarhea. it probably isn't that he doesn't like his food he just wants some milk. and don't let his big eyes get to you! bye!

leon answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My suggestion would be to put him or her on a lamb and rice puppy food. It will help firm her poo and also be gentle on the tummy. Stop with the milk!!!

Kobe

We feed our 2 month old labrador puppies Purena Pro Plan Puppy Chicken and Rice formula. You can give a big scoop of plain yogurt on the top of his kibble to entice him to eat but our pups will eat it without the yogurt. Usually the diareah happens when they overeat. We feed 3 times a day. You can pawmail me if we can be of more help.

Kobe answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Daisy

My suggjustion would be to choose Puppy Chow, like Dog Chow, but for puppies. I used it on Daisy, and I never had a problem.

Daisy answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Achilles

We have only given our 4 month old weims Purina Pro Plan, puppy formula, they love it and have never not eaten. The breeder we got our puppies from only uses that brand so we stayed with her suggestion and it has worked great. When we first got them, we added a little warm water to soften it up and added a little bit of the canned Purina Pro Plan puppy formula. To this day, they still love their food and no longer care if it is a little wet or not, we have been giving it to them dry with a little canned food mixed in still. We only heard that milk wasn't good for their delicate tummies, so we never give them anything but their puppy food and lots of water along with a daily puppy supplement the breeder also told us about. They also get little puppy treats as we try to train them. We are very pleased that they are so healthy and we truly think their diet and of course exercise is what is keeping them healthy. Good Luck with you new little one, he is an adorable puppy.

Achilles answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Max

Max is a very picky eater and when he was a puppy it took me some time to find right fit. I went to the petstore one day and they had samples of Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lovers soul. He loved it!!! The ingredients are not that bad either. The first 5 if i remember correctly are meats. It is a little bit more expensive but well worth it.

Max answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Max

Turn your dog food bags over. Read the label. If corn is in one of the first 5 ingredients, I would look elsewhere. Also you dont want a food that says "by products". Meal is ok. For every pound of meal is equal to 5 lbs of meat you or I would eat. Lamb and Rice is a good food. Some dogs (mine) are sensitive to it. Above all you should be on a Large Breed Puppy food.

Koby

Pedigree is all corn. I wouldn't want to eat it either.

Koby answered on 3/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer