What kind of dog should i get?

I am adding a new edition to the family. because i dont have any puppies of my own. so what breed should i get?

Asked by Member 532899 on Nov 22nd 2007 in Other Puppies

Best Answer

Jackson

German Shepherd!

-a dog great with other dogs
-a devoted,obedient companion
-an extremely trainable dog
-a dog of pure beauty
-a dog that will give his life for his owner

~however~

-needs proper socialization
-needs plenty of grooming(daily brushing)
-and needs a LOT of exercise

But if you want something smaller,I suggest the dachshund.

Jackson answered on Nov 22nd.

Answers

Bows (Dearly loved forever)

Here's a link where you answer questions and it gives you some suitable breeds to consider. I'm of course partial to Shelties ;-)

www.petnet.com.au

Bows (Dearly loved forever) answered on 11/22/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ginger Smiles Primm

Oh, of course Min Pins are the BEST breed! No drool, shedding, or odor.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 11/22/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the website. The other dogs suggested their favorite. That is not right. Sure, if you have a favorite breed you want to promote it, but don't suggest to someone unless you can properly evaluate what they say. You need more info that just "I want another dog. What dog should I get?" Bambi, look into that website and answer the questions as honestly as possible.

♥Juneau♥

I would suggest Pug or a West Highland White Terrier. They could make good pets, along with Labradors and Goldens.

Whatever breed you decide, be sure to do your research. You could try out these sites to find your dog and also for breed research:

www.dogbreedinfo.com
&
www.petnet.com

Both sites are wonderful for both researching and picking out a breed.

It's highly recommended to try checking out your local animal shelter before you decide on a purebred puppy. Always remember that pet overpopulation is becoming an issue, and to find out more go to PETA.org and watch the video "ABC (Animal Birth Control).

♥Juneau♥ answered on 11/22/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chloe

I agree with Gray; first list characteristics that you already have in your life:
-how much exercise
-how much time
-how much room
-how much money for necessities

Then how you feel on certain topics such as:
-shedding - long hair/ short hair
-barking
-size
-trainability

There are many other things to consider, probably most importantly how Bambi will get along with the other dog.

Once you provide some information for us, or for yourself, then you can come to a MUCH better decision. Never choose based on "favorites" :)

Chloe answered on 11/23/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer