What is this red bleeding lump on my dogs penis?

My dog has red swollen lump about the size of a marble on the head of his penis. It is oozing blood from the lump (not from his penis). Could this be a bug/mite bite, or something else? He has a vet appt on Monday but is there something I can do in the mean time? So far I've just dabbed it with a wet paper towel.

Asked by Member 626644 on Apr 23rd 2011 Tagged penis, swollen, bleeding, lump in Skin Problems

Answers

Jazzy

It could be a number of things. That's good that you have made an appt for monday for the vet .If it looks like its getting worse take him to the Emergency Vet ASAP! It could be an abscess on the tip of his penis. Is there any yellowish discharge coming from the lump? The best thing to do is to make sure it doesn't get infected. Keep wiping it with a clean wet paper towel. You can't necessarily wrap it with gauze and vet wrap because he needs to pee.

Jazzy answered on 4/23/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer