What is the best mid-sized dog to play with both a large dog and small dog?

We have a 1 year old German Shepherd, and a 7 year old chihuahua/pom mix (rescue). We are going to be adding one final furry member to our family and are wondering what mid-sized breed will be gentle enough to play with the chihuahua (who does not enjoy the shepherd), but sturdy enough to hang with the shepherd?

Asked by Member 1101537 on Mar 22nd 2012 in German Shepherd

Answers

Rocket

I suggest a border collie, or some lively shelter dog.

Rocket answered on 3/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cody

A shetland sheepdog is pretty playful and they seem to get along great with other dogs and babies :)

Cody answered on 4/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

I agree with the Shetland Sheepdog.My dad has one and he is a wonderful dog, very smart dogs, easy to train. Like most dogs give him something to do when you leave or else he/she will chew anything! my dads dog liked the Velcro straps on my little sister's shoes. lol. The shetland sheepdog and your GSD will love chasing eachother around the yard. :)

Carter answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer