Cassius

What is the best food for my white boxer?

Asked by Cassius on Nov 26th 2012 in Vitamin Supplements

Answers

Food which is high in protein. I would suggest to any good commercial dog food.

Mika

That depends on what sort of food you decide to give, if you choose raw food diet, make sure it has everything a dog needs (they have different nutrition needs then humans) there is a great raw food diet forum here you could get some great info. Or if you choose dry kibble, the first 5 ingredients are important, make sure in those first 5 there are at the very least 2 meat ingredients, not meat by products but meat like boneless chicken or things like that, a good food will have fruits and veggies in it as well, i feed a Holistic grain free baked food, she does very well on it, there is a food score chart you can find online to check the food you have chosen.
Good Luck!

Mika answered on 11/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If you want to do a raw diet there are the raw forums here to help you get started. I highly recommend it. There is the homemade forum if you are wanting to go that route and if you want to do kibble there are dog food score charts and websites that rate dog food like dogfoodadvisor.com and dogfoodanalysis.com.

I would definitely follow Obi's suggestion and use those listed sites to educate yourself in what to look for in quality dog food.
Frankly, since my dogs are carnivores, I don't want their dog food full of vegetable and fruits which, due to their different digestive system from ours, they cannot digest anyway. The fruits and veggies are put in the food to impress you the owner and to provide fillers, neither of which provides better nutrition for your canine meat eater!!
Any added dyes, sugars, artifical products, etc., are also not desired in dog food. Furthermore, dogs DO NOT care that their food is multicolored, again, that is to impress you, the owner, not the dog.

Ikan

The food that is best is the food that your dog likees and the one that you feel makes them look good. What my dogs like , others may not like. My dogs eat the nutro ultra. They a

Ikan answered on 11/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer