What is the BEST food for a 8 month old puppy?

I am just wondering, so much people say their dog food is the best ever. But now, I am just so curious.

Asked by Member 769709 on Dec 16th 2008 Tagged whatisthebestdogfoodforamontholdpuppy in Pet Food

Answers

In my opinion, the raw diet is best. But I formed this opinion after doing research and trying the diet out.

One must form their own opinion and do their own research and try things out themselves. Dogster is a great place to research different dog subjects on, but it should not be the only place. Read webpages, read books, talk to different people, talk to your dog's vet (but don't take it as the gospel truth simply because he's a vet), etc.
Happy reading to you.

mommy feeds me lotus puppy chow. she thinks it's good for me because the few ingredients are pure turkey and not some sort of cornmeal mixed with meat.

lotuspetfoods.com

Lady

The best food would be a mix between dry and wet food. Or you could mix water with dry food and let it soak for a little.

Lady answered on 12/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Here is a good & unbiased website for rating dog food:
www.dogfoodanalysis.com

Mudge (June 4, 2006 - Oct 5, 2

You know, there's just so much that goes into answering this question that there are really only two people who can answer it for you -- you and your vet! You need to decide what fits into your lifestyle and budget, and your vet needs to help you find the most nutritous food available for your individual dog taking into consideration your lifestyle and budget.

Mudge (June 4, 2006 - Oct 5, 2 answered on 12/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sadly vets are not very well educated on nutrition. That's why they sell foods like Science Diet and Purina. Both poor quality foods. There is not however, any one best food for a puppy. There are though lots of healthy choices to look at, try, and decide which works best. There are raw and home cooked diets as well as kibble. Some good websites to look at are
www.dogster.com

www.dogster.com

www.dogfoodproject.com

Also the one Pippin mentioned is good as well.