Zoey

What is our Doug's breed?

Zoey, our 5 month old Aussie, seems small for her age at 20lbs and has short hair. Is this an appropriate weight? Is this normal? We aren't sure if she is an Aussie or a mix. Could anyone help?

Asked by Zoey on Dec 15th 2012 in Breeds

Answers

Looks perfectly normal for her age to me. That coat won't come in til she's much older.
Quincy is almost five months and 48 lbs. I expect him to end up around 90 lbs. By the same computation, 40 lbs is a normal weight for a female Aussie.

Tiara

At that age, they can fill out a lot more. Unless you can see ribs sticking out all over the place. It is not a problem. Your dog can still grow for a couple of more onths, and will not fill out completely until they are about two years of age. Your dog looked fine to me for the age. Good luck.

Tiara answered on 12/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer