Bo

what is my dog ??

i was told he is pure bred pomeranian, but he is not registered and he's to big !
many ppl say he is part eskimo, but i wanna beieve in my heart that he is a pure bred despite his size ! he's 12 pounds. He also never went through his puppy uglies, so that's another reason why i am concerned !

www.dogster.com

Asked by Bo on Aug 12th 2009 Tagged pomimo in Pomeranian

Answers

♥ Babe ♥

Yeah, I think he is Pomeranian and American Eskimo Dog mix. He's darling don't let him being a POSSIBLE mix disspoint you!

♥ Babe ♥ answered on 8/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

He does really look like a Pomeranian/ American Eskimo mix.

JoJo

First of all, he is so so so cute. My JoJo is also a pom, and also weighs 12 pounds! He is purebred, and is also registered with the AKC. I had doubts in my mind too about my JoJo not being purebred, but he has the exact same traits as a 3 pound pom does, only he's just "overgrown" lol, I guess. So, to me, your Bo is purebred. Just stick to that! check out my page to see my JoJo :)

JoJo answered on 8/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I think he is pure breed, but a small Spitz, which is the same family as the Pom, just the next size up.
Link to pictures:
search.yahoo.com

as opposed to a Pomeranian:
puppydogweb.com
Don't be concerned at all you can't show without papers, so he's just a companion. The Pom is really the dwarf of the German Spitz. If not for the healthy larger spitz genes still in the pool, the pom would become a very sick breed.
He's a lovely dog, enjoy!

Kujo

some poms dont go through a drastic puppy uglies stage. My Kujo never got "ugly" but went through a shedding stage (since his Uglies were during the winter, he sustained a thick coat due to the cold) which could have happened to yours too. What did his parents look like? If they were larger, than it could be the reason why he is. You should never buy a puppy without seeing the parents first, and if you are being lead to believe that he is pure, you should have made sure he was papered, otherwise they could tell you whatever you want. There are such things as "throwbacks" in any breed, which is just a puppy that gets genes from far back in the gene pool (to the days of the bigger poms, in this case), it isn't all that uncommon. He could also just be a pom that wasnt bred to breed standards (between 3 and 7 lbs). You could get breed gene tests done if you wanted to be sure. Either way, he is adorable.

Kujo answered on 2/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Boomer

Hi, We have two Poms & they're both bigger than the norm. My male is 15 lbs. at 4 yrs. & my female is 13 lbs. at 6 yrs. Oh well we love them both so size doesn't really matter. Both of ours are purebred too. I was told they are bred down from a Spitz? Your Bo definitely looks like a Pom, but would it really matter? Deb, Boomer & Emily

Boomer answered on 4/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

He could either be a purebred & overlarge pom, or a pom/american eskimo dog mix. He's adorable, though!

PS- Mixed breed dogs are just as cool as purebreds (maybe even cooler :D), so don't be disappointed if you find out he's a mix - it doesn't matter!!!