The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC)

What is a good toy for a dog with a VERY strong jaw?

Silvia has pit in her which makes her have a VERY powerful jaw. Is there a toy out there that she absolutely can't destroy?

Asked by The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC) on Jul 2nd 2010 Tagged strong, jaw, sturdytoy in Toys

Answers

Diesel

I have had great success with the Cuz. They are a hard rubber ball that squeaks. I have an American Bulldog and a Pittie Mix. They both got a Bad Cuz for Xmas and they are still holding up. They only chewed off the legs and horns and after about 2-3 months they ended up popping out the squeaker but they still love 'em

here is a link to the PetSmart website to show yu what they look like
www.petsmart.com

Diesel answered on 7/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

The ultimate is the Souper Size Galileo Nylabone. It is about 7 inches long and 3 inches around. It has the slick surface. They are more attractive if you rough up the surface with sand paper or by rubbing it on a concrete floor.

Maverick

I think they will all eventually be destroyed...its just a matter of time! :( I've had some luck with the Kong. They have that giant one that seems to be thicker and more sturdy. Petsmarts and Petcos also have a really thick rubbery tire toy. It looks like a miniature tire but, still a pretty good size. Those seem to hold up for a good amount of time too.

Good luck! :) Hope you can find something that lasts a little while anyways!

Maverick answered on 7/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

black kong or hang a heavy duty cotton rope in a tree.
No dog toy is indestructable. It does not exist.
You can also buy cheap car tires those are tough.

Apollo

I would recommened the biggest sized Nylabone Galileo Bone. My shepherd loves to chew and he usually destroy's anything we give him but he has had this for month's and although he has done some damage to it he has not managed to make me throw it away yet. It was only about $20.00 at my local pet store.

Apollo answered on 7/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Kong
Buster Cube
Jeep
Vo Toys
Tire Biter
Tough Tugs

These are some of the tough dog toys you'll be able to find. However, why not give her one of those mammoth dog bones?

king

hi i thank that the kong will be a good toy for silvia to play with.

king answered on 7/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Buckeye

There is no such thing as a toy that is completely indestructible. However, there are many toys that are fairly durable.

One toy I would reccomend is the KONG Extreme. The rubber is black, and much stronger than most other toys. It feels tougher than the KONG Classic and is black instead of red. Visit the KONG website for more information: www.kongcompany.com

Nylabones are good for most strong chewers. They design some of their prodcuts for those dogs who have powerful jaws. Just to name a few are the Dura Chew Bone, BIG Chews and Super Tuff Chews. Here are some more Nylabone prodcuts for strong chewers: www.nylabone.com

It's important to know which toys or products that are safe for your dog. If you ever buy a new toy, make sure you are carefully watching Silvia with it. If she chews off any pieces, your going to have to take it away. I hope you find some great toys!

Buckeye answered on 7/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

♥Candy♥

Try looking for Jolly Balls for dogs or zoo animals. The one I have for my dogs squeaks and they chewed the nose off the raccoon. If I would get another one I'd get just the plain with no squeaker. But we play with it all the time, it has a handle in which you or your dog can hold on to.They are virtually puncture and tear resistant.

♥Candy♥ answered on 9/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Zeea

Zeea is a monster when it comes to toys and although I have read about many 'indestructible' toys they never hold up. So I decided to test them myself. www.toytails.wordpress.com ‚Äč

Please check my blog out to learn more about the toys.

Zeea answered on 11/6/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer