Diesel

What is a good crate pad that is harder to destroy

I am looking for a good crate pad that Diesel will have a harder time destroying. he is getting better so i just one that will last longer. I am wanting to get him one because he is getting sores on his elbows

Asked by Diesel on Nov 25th 2009 Tagged cratepads, durablecratepads in Beds

Answers

How about going to the Salvation Army store or another Used Stuff type of store for sheets and blankets. I get many nice blankets for VERY little money. I place them in the crates and don't mind they getting damaged. I just get rid of it and put a new one in.
I pay 2-4.00 for a big blanket or 1.00-2 for a nice thick sheet set.
Just an idea...
Miss priss and marie
www.apluspetcare.com

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have heard of a ''vet bed'' material, but know little of it. If you found it, you could try it.

I have found the best thing is just the plain crate floor. Bedding may even make the crate too warm. Often dogs choose the coolness of a hard surface. Having watched the places they choose to sleep when out of their crate, I have suggested it is cruel to make a Lab sleep on a smooth, soft surface.

www.rayallen.com/product/k-9_deployment_mat/Canine_Protection

This is the hardest material i know of and then it has foam inside. I would give this a try

Try k9 ballistics tuff crate pad