Leyvi

What happens if Leyvi ate a small reeses peanut butter cup?

We found him on the bed with an easter peanut butter cup, is that bad for him? If so How Bad?


Asked by Leyvi on Apr 20th 2009 Tagged chocolate, poison in Swallowing Foreign Objects
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Leila

He'll be just fine. DArk chocolate is the worst for dogs, milk chocolate is second worst, & white chocolate is the least bad. He may have some runny poop, but other than that he'll be fine. My previous dog ate a WHOLE ginger bread house covered in goodies & was sick but came out alright :)


Leila answered on 4/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011)

Since it was small, it probably won't hurt him other than some puking and/or diarehea (sp).
Large amounts of chocolate, especially dark chocolate, can be lethal. Baking chocolate is even worse. I read that a tablespoon of it can be lethal.


Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011) answered on 4/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Guest

yeah it wont hurt him a bit.he will be just fine.my dog oreo at a whole pack of hubba bubba bubble gum,and grizzley ate a whole yard of poop,buddy ate 20 garlic treats,bleu ate his doghouse,bella ate the underneath of our house bella and bleu did that,rosie tore into someones leg and my face,rocky ate a snake, squirrel,bird and ALOT of CORN on the cob from this farm,max ate his kennel and also buddy ate ALOT OF KISSES ALOT of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Member 824516 answered on 4/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Miss Priss

Don't worry - But be careful in the future... YOU never know what they can get into.
This was a small amount, so don't worry.

Also, Keep some activated charcoal around;
see here-
en.allexperts.com


Miss Priss answered on 4/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer


Benny

Hey, Leyvi! ...you lucky dawg! What I wouldnt give to get my chops around another piece of clandestine chocolate!

Check out my diary for an upcoming story of my latest chocolate adventure (believe me, the ending is not pretty....downright disgusting, actually!

According to my mom and my "vets" (that 's a four--letter word!), it is NOT a good idea for us fur-kids to chomp on chocolate, & LOONG carpet fibres, & doggie blankies, & your dad's smelly socks & parts of your favorite hairiest squeakie toy....oh yes, & pillow covers (I could go on & on as I have many personal experiences) 'cuz some come get REEEAL sick and have to go to the (shudder) clinic to see the (gasp) vet. So best stick to your chewies & leave the Peanut Butter Chocolate cups to the hoomans.....big sigh!

BTW...any chance you've got some noble Beagle in your background? We do have the "nose" for the good stuff!



Benny answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Caden Mitchell Johnstone

It takes true chocolate to even bother dogs.Don't let that "oh chocolate is super bad for dogs" get to you.It's take REAL chocolate and quite a bit.I have been through some chocolate issues with my pups :( Like when my pitty was about 2 months he ate a 52 ounce bag of peanut M&M's.I know crazy,irresponsible of me,but we got his tummy pumped and he is fine :)


Caden Mitchell Johnstone answered on 4/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer