What does it mean when you pregnet dogs belly is hard?

My dog is pregnet and her belly is hard what does this mean?

Asked by Member 769709 on Feb 28th 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers

Coralee

How far along is she? Dogs are pregnant for 63 days after the day they tied. This can be very normal, if she is towards the end of her pregnancy you should be able to touch her belly and feel the baby's moving around, usually around the last two weeks. I am a breeder of AKC exotic colored tiny Pomeranians, I think every female I have bred gets a harder belly at the end, if she seems like she is in pain, or you can tell something else isn't right with her, or she is at the end of the pregnancy and you can't feel any movement, than of course get ahold of your Vet.

Coralee answered on 2/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It means she's pregnant, and probably not far from delivering;
You'll need this article:
www.chelsea

Hopefully you didn't breed her on purpose, as you obviously (no offense) don't know enough to safely breed a dog.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

I don't know what breed she is. But the pups are either fully developed or she has Alot of them in there. Which can be a bad thing.
So she needs to First go to the Vet ASAP
and you need to find out as much as you can from the vet how to take care of them. You also can buy a birthing book for dogs at many places.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 3/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer