Tiger

What does it mean when my adult dog has white, crumbly dry stool?

Asked by Tiger on Dec 23rd 2010 Tagged adult, male, dog, stool, white, dry in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Nemo

my vet told us that she was dehydrated. OUr Maltese Abby is about 5 now and she gets that.

Nemo answered on 12/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If you feed raw, then white crumbly stool can indicate too much bone. If you are feeding kibble, then it may indicate a lack of hydration. Is there straining or pain when she goes? Has it just started, or has it always been that way? A discussion with your vet, along with a stool sample could put your mind at ease.

Buckeye

It could be dehydration. Have you noticed any decrease of water intake?
I checked out Tiger's profile page and you say that he likes to eat Rib bones? I am not an expert on this, but this could be the problem if he has swallowed a rib bone. Please stop giving him these. Purchase Nylabones or safer treats for him to chew on.

Buckeye answered on 12/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

It is a normal result of too much bone in the diet. It is not harmful to the dog, but in the future, when feeding bones, select ones with more meat on them to help prevent these dry stools.