OM

What does anyone think about feeding dogs kidney beans with no spices or blackeyed peas again with no spices?

Asked by OM on May 4th 2009 Tagged blackeyedpeas, kidneybeans in Homemade Food

Best Answer

Adding beans and peas to your dog's diet is alright, as long as it is done in moderation and your dog does not have a sensitive stomach. Some dogs don't do well digesting beans, so you may want to do a test run before stocking up on them.

Beans, peas, and other vegetables are a nice addition to a food, either homemade or a kibble, but they should never make up the majority of the dog's diet. Dogs are carnivores and their diet needs to primarily consist of meats, not vegetables or grains. Just beans and peas would, obviously, not be a balanced diet for a human, let alone a dog!

Abby answered on May 4th.

Answers

Hi - so you want to make something special?
Well, we dogs need meat and not too much in the bean catagory...
A little bit of beans a few times a week may be find.
I you want special make some SoJo home cooking - my mom makes it up for me and I love it!!
see sojo here: My mom cooks the meat we don't go raw...
YOU can go raw if you want to. I like my food cooked.
www.sojos.com

We get the GREEN bag of sojo - grain free