what do you think the BEST dog food brand is?

in your opinion if money was NOT an issue what do you think the BEST overall dog food brand is? (besides raw)

Asked by Member 1072040 on Mar 28th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Orijen

Probably something like Orijen, but I wouldn't say just one brand. Some dogs will do better on other brands.

Ikan

The one that works best for you, your dog eats, and the one that makes your dog look good to you. What works for you may not work for me. And your dogs may nto like what I use. You just have to try a few and see what one makes you happy and your dog eats.

Ikan answered on 3/29/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Jersey

There are many different high end dog foods out there. It all depends on what is best for your dog(s). I have done a lot of reseach to find the best for my girls. My girls are on Taste of the Wild and its awesome. They love it.

Jersey answered on 3/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

GRADEY BLUE DU CHATEAU ROCHER

COSTCO KIRKLAND
MT BREEDER FEEDS THIS TO HER DOGS, MULTI CHAMPIONS AND IT HAS MANY STARS ON THE DOG FOOD RATING WEBSITE. $29.00 FOR 40 LBS. I SWITCHED MINE FROM BLUE ALSO.

GRADEY BLUE DU CHATEAU ROCHER answered on 4/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Carter

Blue Buffalo! www.bluebuffalo.com this food has all natural ingredients in it no chicken by products, artificial coloring, and preservatives. Chicken, turkey, and salmon are all the first ingredients. Though it is more expensive it will last your dog longer, and you will have to pick up less poop.ALSO bluebuffalo has lifesource bits which has all the vitamins and minerals that your dog needs at its age.Those will boost your dogs immune system and help it live a little longer.They also sell treats my dog loves the lamb and apples.

Carter answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Casey

Life's Abundance. It is made in small batches and delivered to customers within six weeks of being made. It is formulated and all ingredients are chosen by a holistic vet who specializes in nutrition. It can not be found in big stores because of the company's strict quality control. It has never had a recall, but if it ever did each customer can be contacted by their independent reps instead of learning about it through the media.
Also the canned foods are all packaged in BPA free cans.

Casey answered on 4/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Monty

Science Diet Healthy Mobility is loaded with antioxidants and fish oil. It really works too. And Iams is really good too, with its prebiotics and high quality proteins.

Monty answered on 4/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The Hounds of Bassetville +3

Probably Orijen (especially the Regional Red formula). Wellness CORE, EVO, and the Blue Wilderness line are excellent foods as well.

The Hounds of Bassetville +3 answered on 4/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I was looking over the responds please read the list of ingrediants of the dog foods you are looking at if corn or any protien by-product is used dont use it, its like feeding candy to your dog (by product is very little meat and lots of bone etc left over from the meat source kind of like bolonge)....The vet may try to sell you their dog food but remember the recall on dog food years ago? even though the dog food companies say they "fixed" the problem dont trust your dogs life on it...visit the website dog journal for a list of the top foods and/or visit your local independant dog dog supplier in your area and talk with them (petco/petsmart may sell it cheaper but its not always the "same")
I say this because I used some of the foods people mentioned and I lost of my dogs (bassett hound mix) to the conditions that people were losing their dogs to before (heart and liver failure)

So my old maltese was eating science diet and then suddenly stopped eating he was loosing weigh real fast so we started feeding my two dogs bill jack and he loves it he went from 5.2 lbs to 7.5 lbs in a week they mostly like it cause the first ingridient is real chicken

We like Taste of The Wild for our dog - here's a good article to help you choose! www.pet360.com