What could my dog have?

She is a Lhasa about 13yrs old. She is eating normally, but drinking ALL the time. She is urinating in the house even when we don't let her have much water. We're talking ALOT! Her bowel movements & urine look normal but in the last 3 weeks she has lost so much weight you can feel her spine...bad! I know I need to call the vet for an appt, but scared of what they will say. She has what looks like moles popping up on her skin & starting to lose hair. Wondering if it may be a urinary infection for part of it & I pray its not cancer or diabetes. Any advice would be great.

Asked by Member 1130325 on Sep 11th 2012 in Illness & Disease

Answers

You never know what the vet will say but it is a very good idea to still get her there. We cannot diagnose her over the internet. Best of luck to you and your pup.

Josie *Forever in Our Hearts*

Sounds like diabetes to me but diabetes is VERY treatable now and while the initial costs of getting the animal regulated can be fairly expensive, once the pet is regulated it is not that costly. There are many places where you can get the supplies for cheap and administering the dose is not difficult and the needles are very small.

While it could very likely be something else, from what you are describing it sounds like diabetes should be a consideration.

If she is diagnosed with diabetes or any other health condition you can always post in the health forum and get a conversation started about tricks and tips on dealing with it.

Josie *Forever in Our Hearts* answered on 9/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer