What can you give a dog with motion sickness?

I'm going on a 2 hour trip last tim we went on a thirty minute one he threw up with in 15-20 mins what can i give him over the counter?

Asked by Member 1072626 on Nov 23rd 2011 in Travel & Recreation

Answers

Grady

You should try to not feed him 1-2 hours before going on a trip if he gets sick. However, you can give him dramamine.

www.ehow.com

Grady answered on 11/23/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rescue Remedy works AMAZING! I highly recommend trying it, dogs and people can take it.

Also, you can get a piece of deli meat and/or cheese out and divide one teaspoon of ginger into the meat and cheese (I recommend using deli meat though) and put a little ginger at a time into the meat/cheese and wrapping it up and giving it to your dog. Ginger is a great calmer, it helps with motion sickness as well.

I never give anything over the counter, so what I recommend above is 100% better than over the counter.

Bruno also struggles with motion sickness. What I've found helps him:
Fresh air- open window he can stick his nose out
gentle driving, large stable vehicle- he throws up almost every drive in my little Subaru, but was fine for a two-day road trip in a big rig truck
Powdered ginger worked GREAT until he developed a taste aversion to it and won't eat anything with ginger in it now. Before that, I would mix powdered ginger with peanut butter and honey and microwave it to soften the peanut butter, then shape it into little balls for him, or spread it on a cracker.

Peppermint is supposed to help too but I've never tried it. I think there is a product called "Minty Ginger" that contains both herbs to combat nausea.