What can I do for my puppies?

Our car just broke down, we are moving in less than 2 weeks and we are temporarily living in a motel until we can stay with a friend. The motels that accept pets are on the other side of the city and its too far from my husbands work so we are staying in a motel that is more in our price range and has a better location but pets aren't allowed. We snuck our 2 puppies in the motel room. One of our pups is house broken but the other isn't and we can't take the pups out during the day cuz we are afraid of being kicked out so we wait til it's dark to take them out. I feel terrible cuz our puppy that is house broken will hold it all day long. Is there anything I can do for my puppy for the next few days until we can stay with our friend instead of in this motel? I really do feel terrible for my puppies. :(

Asked by Member 817148 on Mar 18th 2009 Tagged potty, motel in Lodging

Answers

Realistically, there are only two things you can do: one, find a friend or relative who will take the puppies and care for them until you can go stay with your friend. Or two, find new homes for the puppies.

I realize you love your puppies, but when you have pets, their well-being needs to come first. If you are not able to give them a safe home where their needs are met (and going potty is a pretty basic need), you may need to consider what is best, even if that is finding a new home.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

I say the same find someone to take them. I mean you don't have a sure way to make sure they are properly taken care of so make a good decision and find family to take them.
Or give them a good home with someone who is responsible.
They can't stay in a motel room all day. And if the hotel finds them I think they can have them removed without your consent because you are on private property.
I would stay at your friend's so nothing happens.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 3/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Nelly

Bless you. What a hard time you are going through. You say that your dogs are puppies. Where did you get them? If you got them from a responsible breeder, that breeder may watch them for a short time while you find puppy-friendly housing. Check out rescue organizations in your area or even your local animal shelter. They may know of people who take in foster dogs. These people could care for your dogs until your situation stabilizes. Wishing you the very best.

Nelly answered on 3/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer