None

What breed is this stray dog?

This is a dog I found a couple of days ago that my local shelter won't take in because we found it in another county; apparently it is out of their jurisdiction. He has a wonderful personality despite his size. Everyone is telling me that he is a pit bull but all of the pictures I see have pit bulls with floppy ears! I thought that he might be part lab but they have floppy ears too! His fur is short-medium and he is all chocolate brown. What kind of dog is he?

Asked by None on Oct 7th 2013 Tagged pitbull, dog, confused, help in Breeds

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

He looks like a blue-nose pitt to me that has had his ears clipped. Just like a giant schnauzer or dobie, pitt owners sometimes crop ears for a more sturdy or tough look. If pitts are not banned where you live then you can advertise him in flyers in trying to find him a good home. Otherwise, you can say pitt mix since you really don't know without a breed test. The most IMPORTANT thing to do is get him neutered or have the adoptees promise to neuter him so that there will not be any more homeless dogs; thanks for rescuing! You did a very humane thing!! :)))

Pineapple Smushface answered on 1/28/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer