♥ Star ♥

What are things other then food allergies dogs can be allergic to?

People try to tell me my dog has a food allergy and my vet has told me that he doesn't have a food allergy. So what else could my dog be allergic to?

Asked by ♥ Star ♥ on Dec 31st 2007 Tagged allergies in Health & Wellness

Answers

Daisy~The Angel By My Side~

What are your dogs syptoms? He could be allergic to alot of things.

Daisy~The Angel By My Side~ answered on 12/31/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Summer

Food allergies do happen, and it depends on what type of food you feed, and what its ingredients are. But you can very often be allergic to anything in your environment. You can, for example, be allergic to:
- your laundry detergent
- floor cleaner or other household cleaners
- paint
- any fumes coming from furniture finishes, glues etc
- pollen
- dew
- fleas and ticks
- some fabric fibres (usually synthetic)

An allergy is nothing more than the reaction your body has to an agent that throws it off balance. So basically, a sneeze is an allergic reaction. It's not necessarily a serious thing, but of course, you will want to do two things - 1) take away the offensive agent from your environment; 2) give your dog a healthy diet, lots of exercise and love, and reduce his exposure to bad chemicals and agents that impact health. The fewer allergies you have, the more balanced and healthier you are.

Summer answered on 12/31/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

~☼Cloud☾~

there are many things.

~☼Cloud☾~ answered on 12/31/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥Lennon♥

Working as a vet tech for quite a while now I have learned that your dog could be allergic to literally ANYTHING! I've seen dogs come back allergic to just plain old dust. Good luck. If you really want to know what your dog is allergic to I'd suggest an allergy test which will tell you what regional things he is allergic to (like trees and grasses) but will also tell you what proteins and starches he is allergic to as well.

♥Lennon♥ answered on 12/31/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

what is your dog doing that makes you think it has allergies? u didn't give use anything to work with here.
they can be allergic to trees,grass,wool,food,cats,birds

anything. allergy testing is the way to go if your not sure and want a for sure answer.
tell us the dogs symptoms

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 1/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Well my puppy is allergic to food colouring so it could be that, but dogs can also be allergic to almost anything like humans