Milo

What are the black patches appearing around my dog's groin?

My dog suddenly started getting black skin discolorations around his groin. More and more keep appearing. They're flat to the skin and they don't seem to bother him. Is this a problem or does this sometimes just happen?

Asked by Milo on Dec 11th 2007 Tagged skin, discoloration in Skin Problems

Best Answer

Mya

When I was born, I had a really pink belly. Once I turned 5-6 months, those spots you talked about started appearing on me. I think that it might be freckles. They don't bother me and do happen to go away in the winter time. They might be caused by sunlight.

Mya answered on Dec 11th.

Answers

Ginger Smiles Primm

Does it look like large freckles? Maybe your pup has been sunbathing in a screen door? Maybe the sun is comeing in a window different this time of year and its like sun spots? How old is pup? Sometimes you see this on Chinese Crested cause they have no hair and get sunburned.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 12/11/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

The Keeks (2005-2013)

Do they look like scabs? If so, he could have a staph infection. It's not serious, but you need to go to vet to get him checked out. They will probably prescribe antibiotics.

The Keeks (2005-2013) answered on 12/11/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer