Bandit

What are the best grooming tools to use on a Welsh Corgi?

Just wondering what the best brushes to use on the double coat are. Thanks!

Asked by Bandit on Jun 7th 2011 Tagged corgi, grooming, brushes in Products & Tools

Answers

I have a 'Furminator knock off that was half the cost of the brand name and works as well. A Shedding blade also works well and is dirt cheap. It's an odd looking loop of flat metal with shallow zig-zag edges and a handle. Looks like it's for beating eggs or something.
www.petmountain.com
I also have a flea comb. It does triple duty as a shedding comb, and tick finder as well as fleas (well, never had any fleas).

Zoey

We have a Furminator that works wonders. The best thing that I have found so far for lots of hair.

Zoey answered on 6/7/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

for shedding I ordered online an undercoat rake.The undercoat rake won't penetrate the skin and the old hair gently comes out.
and in the non shedding months if I have to brush her coat I use a soft bristle horse paddle brush.

Cinder

I am a dog groomer and the furminator is a great choice, also you can get a carding tool, they are very useful and will help keep your dogs coat shiny, less dead skin, and will strip any dead coat away.

Cinder answered on 6/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer