Keeva

We will be boarding our dog for 10 days. Is it too much to ask that they add a bit of canned chicken to her kibble?

We of course would provide the food. I just wondered if there are any boarding facility people out there that can clue me in if other people ask things like this. Thanks!

Asked by Keeva on Sep 23rd 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Charlie

It shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you check out the boarding facility a few times before deciding which one to take your dog to. Ask around, check reviews of the facility online. I have worked at a few facilities and some are really not all that they seem while others are wonderful. If you can afford it try for one that has camera access so you can check in whenever you want. I know they are a bit more expensive but it may be worth the extra money. Especially if your worried about leaving your little one.

Charlie answered on 9/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I've boarded Kali and she's on a special diet. The kennel we use has no problem with her special situation. I would ask the kennel you intend on using if they could add the chicken. If they can't, find another kennel. :) Good Luck!

I own a boarding kennel. We have no problem with special food, in fact, we often add toppers to ALL the dogs we board, unless their owners object.

Ichabod

You PAY THEM to handle your animal EXACTLY as you want. No exceptions !

Ichabod answered on 9/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shasta

Your money, your dog. If that facility says no to feeding her like you do, I'd say try to find another place! I've never needed to board my pets since we can't travel much. If we ever did go away we would have to get someone to come to our place...20 critters is a lot, haha!

Hope you have safe travels and that your doggie has a fun time!

Shasta answered on 9/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rocko

Most don't mind my last job was actually at a vet clinic/pet hotel. We had a swimming pool for them and a foot ball field. People brought in crazier things than some canned chicken for their dogs. (Some dogs actually had been requested to be fed with a spoon!) We didn't mind. When we knew it would make the pets and owners happy and healthy (not to mention healthy minded) it was no trouble at all.

Rocko answered on 9/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer