Very large female dog nipples

This may seem an odd question but my one year old female dog has very large, low hanging nipples/teats. She has never had puppies but went through one heat cycle before she was spayed (right after I rescued her from a hunter). Can the nipples be surgically removed or is there something that can reduce their size? Has this ever been done before?

Asked by Member 796667 on Jan 25th 2009 Tagged femalelargenipplesteatssurgicalremoval in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Stella

This was a question that concerned me once as well. I have had three Bouviers and one of them had very large hanging nipples while the other two had small flat nipples. Upon investigation of this concern my vet explained to me that dogs are like people in the way that their nipples vary in size and shape. Don't worry about it. Your dog is okay.

Stella answered on 1/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I would not remove them.
Well, she is who she is. That is how her body is. Some times they don't shrink back exactly the same after pups always.
I don't think I would make a big deal out of it.
Does it make you embarrased? Cause your dog doesn't care how they look. I don't mean that in a bad negative way, I just thought you might have gotten some comment from someone who made fun of it or something weird. If someone is teasing about it tell them not to look.