*Tommy*

Tommy is off of his chain!!!!!

BUT! I have to put him on the chain every time a thunderstorm comes even if I give him calming chewables he still gets scared of wind and dark clouds what else can I do to help him with his fear and I got him checked by a vet about the seizure and there are still some tests he has to do but the vet thinks it was just a one time thing since it hasnt happened since then. And Blaze is not fertile she cant have babies even if we breed her so thats that.

Asked by *Tommy* on May 16th 2013 in Senior Pet

Answers

Starbutt

first thing is if your dog wa afraid of a thunder storm and got off the chian why on earth would you put the dog back on it?? the other dog you say about well sometimes dogs are like people sometimes they can't be bred they are unable to concieve th coment of (even if we bred) I think you were trying to say that if the other dog got off the female would not be bred not that you would breed. If this happenes again DON'T PUT YOUR DOG ON CHAIN AGAIN bring your dog inside if he is to wild to stay with you put him in the bathroom s if he pee or... it can be cleaned up easy not all dogs like the storms. I woould not give my dog anything to clam it because if you are ever away and a strom comes I think it would be worse for the dog (animal)

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 5/21/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Roxy

I'm hoping you mean she's spayed by "not fertile", because otherwise, she should still get spayed for the health benefits, whether or not she can become pregnant.

As for the thunderstorm phobia, perhaps he should be brought into the comfort of the home during storms so he's not at risk of harming himself trying to escape the storm & the chain in panic.

Also, check into Thundershirts. Many people swear by them when it comes to events that cause anxiety in their dogs.

Roxy answered on 5/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bring him inside, comfort him and buy a Thundershirt.