Vixie Doodle

Three Legged Dog Harnesses?

My ChiPom recently became a three legged doggy. I have looked and looked for special harnesses for small dogs, but I have only found harnesses for big dogs.

Anyone have any info on the matter?

Can she wear a regular harness? (We haven't tried yet because she still has her stitches in.)
Are there even special harnesses that small?

Anything else I should now about three legged dogs? It was so sudden I didn't have time to do any research about the matter. I feel like I am in the dark and there is so little information I have found useful.

Thank you in advance!

Asked by Vixie Doodle on Aug 28th 2013 Tagged harness, threeleggeddog, threelegs, accessories in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Ichabod

I don't know of any Harness that is special/dedicated for a three Leg Dog.

I'd suggest that you go to your local Pet Supply and select a harness that fits it, and make any necessary additions/alterations to that harness to suit it's needs.

Ichabod answered on 8/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer