Artie

The pound said Artie is a pure bred Pomeranian. As you can see his hair is very short. Do you think he is pure or mix?

His hair is more soft than course and in random spots a few strands of his hair are very long.

Asked by Artie on Mar 2nd 2011 Tagged pomeranian, hairgrowth, breed, purebreed, mix in Pomeranian

Answers

no way is he pure! His body build is not right for a Pom- he's very leggy and his tail barely curls at all (at least in his picture). A proper Pom's tail curls all the way over (like a snail shell) and touches the back.

I think Artie is more likely a Pom/Chihuahua mix- he has the Chi body shape. This is a very common mix.

Yes no way a Pom Poms tail or ears are shaped like that.....He looks to be like a Pom/American Eskimo or a chiauhaha mix...

Artie - Pomeranian/Shiba Inu/Finnish Spitz/Keeshond mix.

Wendy

I would say defiantly not a pom his legs are way to tall the tail is not bushy or curled. I would say he looks more like a Finnish Spitz.. They look sorta like poms but they are taller and don't have the full coat like poms.

Wendy answered on 3/3/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sophia

Pom's tails do not curl up like a snail shell, they are simply high set and should lay on the pom's back. The tail of most spitz breeds do this. Not all poms do this however, my female walks around with her tail down like a GSD at times.

While the face and ears do have similar look and shape of a pom, poms also tend to look like other spitz breeds.

Legs can be longer and lankier sometimes. Not all coats fill out and it does take up to 2 years for the full adult coat to come in. Also, when neutering or spaying around a shedding season, it can take twice as long as normal when the coat comes back in simply because all of the hormones are no longer there to encourage growth.

From my experience with poms, as I do own 3, this pup doesn't look purebred but he is very lovely.

Sophia answered on 4/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer