the father dog just bred his daughter what shoud i do

my female dog has been in heat I've keep my males separated & my female should of been out of heat so I let her out and the males were'nt interested in her then when I was bust doing someting the father to the female tagged her what should i do

Asked by Member 1049918 on Aug 29th 2011 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Get her spayed!!!!

Lexie

Get her spayed ASAP!!!

Lexie answered on 8/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I agree with the other posters. Get her spayed and the males neutered.

Never a good idea to leave an inheat female alone with males, even if they don't seem interested.

You can go to the vet and get a "morning after" shot, I believe. I think it does have the possibility of making her completely sterile, though.
cookiemiller.tripod.com
~Tiffany

Starbutt

well yah you can go to the vet and get her spayd or you can have the pups they will be ok no deformed most likely. BUT you don't know what kind of life they would have. At this time they are not formed and it would be best to spayd NOW. There is way tomany unwanted pups in the USA and other countries. Yeah I did what you did and the same thing happened to me I spayed her as soon as I could.

Good luck with what you decide.
Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 8/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I highly recommend spaying and neutering your dogs immediately. Spay the females, neuter the males. Breeding dogs that are related (also called inbreeding) can cause A LOT of health problems and even deforming.

Gia

Get them all spayed!

The last thing we need is more dogs without loving homes.

Gia answered on 8/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer