Taking my 2yr old white lab to lake Erie Will Miley's paws burn in the sand like my feet do, sun burn what do I need

What I need for her. What should Know. Were on land no boating.

Asked by Member 1112006 on May 22nd 2012 Tagged beach, sunburn, theheat, hotgroundsafety in Travel & Recreation

Answers

Yes, your dogs paws can burn from the hot sand or pavement. Keeping water dumped om her paws will help. PETfection makes a paw cream that is great to apply after being on the sand as it will reduce any inflammation and get rid of any "burning" sensation. It is quite soothing! They do make a sunscreen spray you could put on before, but I'm not sure how it would work on the paw pads. It works well every where else though! Both of these products are 100% Organic which I love. I hope this helps; best of luck!

My Precious Angel   Aregon

The answer about the creams is very good but maybe you should address the reason why. They make shoes/ booties that the heat cannot penetrate through also it's a fact that sidewalks walkways ,sand will be hotter than the temp outside. You can fry an on blacktop/sidewalks. Perhaps a early morning or evening play beach time would be better suited during the heat?

My Precious Angel Aregon answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer