Summer in Rio de Janeiro.Very hot. I am traveling with my minie doxies. What Should I do to keep them safe in hot weathe

Have seen a vet and received very good health certificates for both my dogs.One is 12 yrs.old and the other 18months old.

Asked by Member 938397 on Jan 15th 2010 in Air Travel

Answers

I think the most important thing is to make sure they are always well hydrated, and keep close watch on them for any signs of heat exhaustion.

Jet

Keep them well hydrated, don't leave them in a hot vehicle, leave a fan on, spray them with water every so often, and anything else you can think of.

Jet answered on 1/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dahlia

If they get hot, wet down their feet & their belly. Lucky Doxies! They get to travel more than I do!

Dahlia answered on 1/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you are driving just provide lots of cool water, buy a cooler full of bottled water. Bring lots of towels. If your car has no air conditioning soak the towels in cool water or place a water bottle in a small towel and place it in the crate with them. I would buy two crates to keep them safer and for the ride for comfort of knowing where they are at all times.