Cassius

Suggestions on the right breed for my family?

My husband & I are thinking of adding a third dog to our family sometime in the future. We already have ome boxer and one pitbull. As much as id love to get another pitbull (my favorite breed), im aiming towards a smaller to medium dog. We live a very active lifestyle, workout all the time, bring our dogs to the dog park to play with others, take them on walks, take them on off leash runs through our local running trails (they have a blast!!), & whenever we travel to our home town (18 hrs away) or even to the store, we bring them with! We plan on having kids in the near future, & with my husband being active duty military there could be lots of up & go moves in the future which is another reason why i want a small to medium dog, our two now fit perfectly with extra room plus more extra room for whenever the carseat comes along. We live in the south & in the next few years well be on the westcoast where it is also hot. Suggestions?

Asked by Cassius on Feb 6th 2013 in Breeds

Answers

Rain

I think a jack russel terrier or a min pin would be perfect! both have high energy levels, short coats, and are really smart! thy are small dogs, and can easily be apartment dogs. also mixed breeds are always available! just head to your local shelter and there are plenty of dogs that are the potential perfect fit! if you want any further info/suggestions/help of any kind just pawmail me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. hope this helped, best regards! :)

Rain answered on 2/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

How about a field Cocker Spaniel? They are active dogs. They are great with children and other dogs. They are medium sized.