Susie

Strong chew toy for my 7 month old puppy?

She's 7 mo-old cocker spaniel. She's done with the teething. She got very strong teeth. I have purchased several toys which she destroyed. Nylabones, Kongs... everything. I don 't know if elk antlers are dangerous for her. I don't think the Extreme Black Kong might work. I purchase a similar product at Old Navy and she destroyed it.

I do play with her using her toys. She also plays alone running with the toy in her teeth.

Asked by Susie on Oct 14th 2013 in Pet Products

Answers

Koby

I buy Koby Antlers and Nylabones. He still destroys them but it takes him a while. The only other thing that has lasted a while are the Jolly Balls. He also destroys them, but at least I'm not buying them every week. :)

Koby answered on 10/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Try a jolly egg (not for chewing, but rolling around). For chews, try fire hose toys, tire biter tires (with or without ropes) and ruff dawg (large) rubber swedish fish. ^_^ Just keep trying toys until something works for her! You do not want anything too hard, like an antler that might chip or crack a tooth. ^_^

Shasta

Koby and Tasha answered well. (I've not had to worry too much about toothy puppies. My APBT mix, Otto, was very mouthy, so I kept raw bones [never cooked...cooked bones are more brittle, more likely to cause stomach problems/tooth-chipping] around for him. He also chewed on sticks, rawhides, and he had a tough rubber bone I got at the feed store)

It's great that you're wanting to get toys for her, preventing destructive chewing behaviors! I doubt there's anything "indestructible" out there, so don't worry about spending too much money on a toy you'll throw out next month ;) at the same time, make sure to avoid things that she will shred to bits instantly (and I'm sure you've already learned that, haha!)

Best wishes!

Shasta answered on 10/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Elk antlers are great and they last forever. I have heard that the Goughnuts dog toys are good too and very durable.

Try super chew toy; it is strong and has high durability with scent ideal for your puppy. The toy is very helpful in strengthening his jaw structure and strong dental growth.

If you want more toys and other products for your puppy, you can explore www.petsworld.co.in. This online portal offers a wide variety of high quality pet products.