Jasmine

Stitches that did not dissolve?

My 7 month old dog/puppy was spayed in early September and on the inside they were supposed to dissolve after a week or so. When petting her belly it feels like there is still stitches inside. Is there a chance that it is just toughened muscle or could the vet accidentally of used regular sutures instead of the dissolving kind?

Asked by Jasmine on Oct 23rd 2012 Tagged dogs, spaying, stitches, sutures in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Sometimes they have some scar tissue that feels like stitches. Although, there could be some left. There was with Jax when I had a growth removed. I just took her back to the vet and she took them out. Good Luck!